Video Appointments Frequently Asked Questions
What will I need to access the Drop-In session?
Here is what you will need to access the Drop in:
- A good connection to the internet. If you can watch a video online (e.g. YouTube) you can make a video call.
- A private, well-lit area where you will not be disturbed during the consultation.
- Use of your device’s camera, speakers and microphone (already built into laptops or mobile phones).
- If you are joining via your PC/Mac: Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge (version 83+) web browser
- If you are joining via your Android/iOS smartphone: Zoom app
Can I use my smartphone or tablet?
Yes – if you can access the internet then this will work fine. If you can, connect to a home or work Wi-Fi network to avoid using your mobile data allowance.
How much internet data?
You don’t use any data while waiting for an adviser to join you. A video call uses a similar amount of data to WhatsApp or FaceTime.
How much does a video call cost?
The video call is free (except for your internet usage).
Is it this secure?
Video calls are secure; your privacy is protected. When talking to an assessor, you will be in a confidential online meeting room.