We are looking for a dynamic individual with the right experience to join our team to provide a gateway service to local residents in the City of Westminster.
Salary: £22,795 (Scale 2, Band 1 of Citizens Advice Westminster’s Salary Framework) Hours: 40 hours (full-time) Contract: Fixed Term until end of September 2018
Based at our offices in Paddington with outreach sessions delivered at community venues in Westminster, the post holder will:
- Deal with clients face to face and over the phone, ensuring their needs are accurately and quickly assessed within Citizens Advice guidelines and standards.
- Refer assessed clients to relevant services, both internal and external as appropriate.
You will need to demonstrate:
- A Citizens Advice Certificate in Gateway Assessing
- A minimum of 1 years’ full-time equivalent experience of undertaking face to face and telephone interviews in a similar setting either paid or voluntary
- A good understanding of the main enquiry areas and processes involved in assessing clients’ problems
You will need to demonstrate that you possess excellent communication and customer service skills; that you are reliable and a self-motivated individual with a flexible approach and good organisational skills.
The successful candidate will also have a good level of computer literacy. A commitment to working in a multi-cultural environment is essential.
Download the application pack here:
- Application Form Gateway Assessor ref GA-JAN18
- Diversity Monitoring Form GA-JAN18
- Gateway Assessor JD PS JAN 18
- Guidance Notes For Applicants JAN 2018
Closing Date: 10:00am, Tuesday 13th February 2018 Interview Date : Tuesday 20th February 2018
If after submitting your application you have not heard from us by the stated interview date, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Citizens Advice Westminster values diversity promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or race. Citizens Advice Westminster is a London Living Wage employer.