Grow your tenner on 17 October
Grow your tenner!
Support our Westminster Foodbank Advice project
● Citizens Advice Westminster is participating in Localgiving’s Grow Your Tenner one-day fundraising campaign opening at 10am on 17th October:
● The campaign will match your one-time donation pound-for-pound up to £10. If you set up a monthly direct debit to continue supporting us, your monthly donation will be matched by up to £10 for 6 months (after an initial 6 x monthly donations).
● Help us hit our target of £1,500 which will cover the cost of our Foodbank Advice Project for one month.
Foodbank use in Westminster is on the increase as more and more low-income single people and families face a cash crisis and are left without any money for food. Citizens Advice Westminster provides the important advice service at its local North Paddington Foodbank, where more than double the number of households were able to feed their families with the help of this emergency service. Last year it helped 1,168 households compared with 520 the previous year. To read the full story about our foodbank advice service:
The campaign launches at 10am on Tuesday 17th October and will run until the match funding runs out (or until Thursday 16th November – whichever comes first).
You can support our Foodbank Advice Project on 17th October in two ways:
● Make a one-off donation and it will be matched by up to £10. That means for a one-off £10 donation with Gift Aid, Citizens Advice Westminster receives £21.67!
● Set up a monthly donation and after your first six donations, the following six donations will be matched up to £10 – providing us with over £200 in funding.
To donate to Grow your Tenner and support our Foodbank Project Advice and benefit from Local Giving’s match funding, please visit our Localgiving Page after 10am on 17th October :
Shirley Springer, CEO, Citizens Advice Westminster, said:
“Every day many low-income people, families and children in Westminster face hunger, as an unexpected bill or a cash crisis means they have no money for food. As well as obtaining vital food supplies, clients are able to benefit from speaking to our Westminster Citizens Advice experienced adviser at our local North Paddington Foodbank each week. She can discuss the underlying cause of their crisis and then then offer practical advice and information on how to resolve this and get their lives back on track, signposting them to other agencies or support services.
“Last year, we were able to secure £132,329 of financial gain as a result of securing a new or increased award of benefits, revisions to payments following an appeal and/or benefits or tax credit gains. Please support us to maintain this important and effective service.”
If you need further information on the North Paddington Foodbank you can go to: http://www.npfoodbank.org.uk/about
For advice on debt, housing, employment, benefits or other general advice contact Citizens Advice Westminster via our website http://www.westminstercab.org.uk or call our Adviceline on 0300 330 1191.
– ENDS –
Notes to editors:
Citizens Advice Westminster
Citizens Advice Westminster is a registered charity providing free, independent and impartial advice and information on a range of issues including debt, money, benefits, housing and employment. Visit our website to see how you can access this service on-line, on the telephone or face to face. http://westminstercab,org.uk
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Localgiving is the UK’s leading membership and support network for local charities and community groups. It aims to empower grassroots organisations to fundraise online, connect with supporters and take control of their financial future. In addition, it provides advocacy for the local voluntary sector and works to secure third party funding for its members. It provides free training opportunities, fundraising resources and regular incentivised giving campaigns to help groups raise funds online.