Citizens Advice Westminster helps 37% more clients than last year
- Last year the charity provided advice and information to 13,214 clients – a 37% increase on the previous year
- 8 million hits to the website from citizens wanting to access self-help information
- A total of £3m in financial outcomes was secured for clients; a £600,000 increase from the previous year (£2.7 million of this was backdated benefits/tax credits, social fund and compensation payments were awarded to clients)
- Debts of £237,114 were managed either by negotiating more affordable repayments, preventing bailiff action, or being written off
- Homelessness was avoided in 7 cases with 6 clients able to stay on in their homes
- Consumer compensation of £1,196 secured
- Licensing application challenges were successful for 56 local residents
- 2,042 clients reported improved health and better capability to manage their problems following our advice – double on the previous year
- 96% of citizens were satisfied or very satisfied with the information and advice they received
- 98% said they would use our services again and recommend us to people they know.
Read the full report here.